In The Beginning....

I've finally broken down and joined the blogging revolution. I've been fighting the urge for a very long time. In all honesty, I really don't know many people who would care to read my mindless ramblings once, let alone on a regular basis. But... I have actualy had a few friends ask me "if I blogged". Until this evening, I've always been able to answer an emphatic NO. But sadly (?) no longer....

You see, for 27 years I actually had a place that I could speak my mind...the radio...so there was no need to express myself "publicly" through a blog. Now granted that specific location actually changed on a somewhat frequent basis....Radford, Roanoke, Tidewater, Charlotte, Huntsville, Bloomington, Indy, Akron.....but I did have a place to express myself. In October 2006, I called it a day, and hung up my headphones.

Since then life has been.......... in flux. I left radio to take a job in the music industry. My dream job lasted just 4 months, as the record company I went to run lost both of it's backers and shut its' doors for good. Fast forward (or not so fast forward) six months, and now I split my time between Ohio and Tennessee, putting a ton of miles on my car.

The trip between Nashville and Northeast Ohio is 500 miles one way, and takes about 7 1/2 hours to drive. I've made the trip so many times, that I think my car could drive itself. My wife, of course, has suggested that I not try to find out.

As I make the drive back and forth every week, I have a lot of time alone....to think. Now those who actually know me already accuse me of thinking too much to begin with, but give me nearly 8 hours in the car by myself, and the topics that come to mind are sometimes quite bizarre.

Now.....since I no longer have the radio as a place to regularly speak my mind, I feel the need to express myself in some fashion.....hence, the blog....or Blog-O-Rama as the title states. I really don't know where the title came from, I think it was somwhere between Lousville and Cincinnati.... or was it between Cincinnati and Columbus?! I know, it doesn't really matter...but, that is the point of all this..... I couldn't write the blog until I had the title. Sadly, I've had the title for months.... I just didn't know where to start......

Welcome to the Madhouse......

1 comments:

...and how nice it is to see the Madhouse in action. Glad to see there's another way to keep up with Hurricane Kevin!

8/16/07, 11:58 AM  

Newer Post Home